Thursday, October 8, 2015

Why do you feel sometimes happy and sometimes dry and empty?

We all have a natural tendency to expect to remain happy always. But very few of us experience life as a spontaneous happy field. Many of us do not understand why we are happy sometimes and why we feel dry and empty most of the times. Even though, we live with it and by it, we gain little understanding about the nature of our mind because of its dynamic nature. The mind we had in our childhood is not the same as the mind we have at the present moment. It grows everyday. Meaning, it changes everyday and we should not think the old understanding about our mind will suffice today. We have to pursue continued understanding of the nature of our own selves.

However, some basic truths or laws governing the mind remain universally true for all times.  One such fact or a law can explain why you feel the way you feel all the times.

"You feel what you believe and do."

What you believe to be true about yourself and other people and what you do for that and them sets the plot for an emotional play inside your mind.

Let me explain you with some life examples.

Believing something to be true about yourself influences your mind.

Routines are boring. One of my Software Developer friends, starts from home to work as early as 7am by train and returns home as late as 10:30pm by train.  Having a punishing work schedule everyday, my friend used to be quiet and dull in the evenings as well as in the mornings. One evening he looked very bright and enthusiastic unusually. I told him that he was looking enthusiastic, and asked why. He said, "Today is my wedding anniversary!". I then realized the reason for his enthusiasm. The thing is after that day, he has turned to be normal - quiet and dull as usual. What made him happy was that the belief that - "wedding anniversary is something special and for that we can be happy".

Doing something- Action- good or bad influences your mind.

One of my students got placed in a Software Development  Multi National Company after remaining jobless for more than 2 years. He was a laborious youth working very hard to settle down in life. But for the lack of something unidentified, he was unable to get a job. As I started to train him in advanced software development technologies, I found him to be a quick learner and fluent in English. But the thing is, because of the initial eliminations from interviews in the past, he apparently lacked confidence in himself of being recruited. One day, I assigned a difficult to do- development task and asked him to complete it by the same day. Astonishingly, he had completed the task with ease even before the timing at what I expected him to complete.  On that instance, I told him, "G...r...eat!!! You are definitely going to get placed very soon." He became very happy and because of that task completion and my feedback, he started to believe himself strongly.  He got placed in a big MNC company very soon after that. The point here is, I feel always happy about him and whenever he calls me and talks, I feel excited. Reason for my excitement - I have done a good job and he believes me to be great.

Doing Nothing - Inaction - Influences your mind


I should also tell you that not doing something good or bad influences your mind as much as doing something. I experienced the effect of inaction in my young age itself.
Wanting to work but remaining Jobless for a period of time would be depressing, many of us would have undergone such an episode for quite sometime. I too believed that to get a job I should talk in English fluently, but at that time I could hardly open my mouth in front of people - I was shy to speak in public in English. So long a time, I remained jobless and faced the miserable social effects being jobless. The reason why I suffered is the belief that I have no enough skill and remained in a demotivated state of mind and consequent inaction caused me enormous untold emotional suffering then. I did nothing about getting a job - I suffered.

Physical influence on Mind

Finally, let me tell you one more point about your feelings. Your body influences your feelings as much as your mind. Particularly, not having enough sleep and nutritious food can influence your feelings. If you are not sleeping enough, all your mental functions - such as paying attention, information processing, decision making - would go down in quality. You would tend to feel impulsive. The will power would go down. And importantly, you might feel irresistible urge for sexual consumption ever more.  And also, not having enough food can suppress your emotions.

Call For Living Happily

Understand that being happy is an attitude and not natural state of mind.  Positive evaluation of self causes happiness. The natural state of mind is PEACEFULNESS. The stronger the resolve to remain happy and to eliminate the cause of worry, the happier you would be ever. BE HAPPY AND MAKE HAPPY!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Your Queries Here...